Club Competition Rules January 2018
- All games to be played under the Laws of the Sport of Bowls(current Crystal Mark Edition )
- All competitors must be paid up members
of the club.
- Each team to nominate a team member who will arrange the matches with their opposite person. Any problem arranging an agreed date to be referred to the Bowls Coordinator at least one week before the end of the ‘window’
- All games to be played within the ‘window’ of the dates with no exceptions including the final
- Substitutes Drawn Competitions: Substitutes will be allowed but an individual can only play for the same team once in any competition but
can be used by other teams
- Substitutes Named Competitions: Substitutes are not allowed. A permanent replacement player can be used if a team member becomes unable to continue bowling at the Club. This replacement cannot have played for any other team
in that competition. Only one replacement is allowed, per team, in each competition
- All competitions will be played as displayed on the individual competition sheets.
- Trial ends are optional
- Jack goes out of play during the
game: the Jack will go back on the Tee.
- Rink of play to be drawn on the morning or afternoon of the game
- Score cards: must be signed by the skips and must include full names of the players and the finish time and be placed
in box for the bowls coordinator
- Weather interruption: If fewer than 11 ends played the match is rescheduled asap and continues from existing score and ends, to be played on the same rink. If 12 or more ends played, that is the final score. For set
games that cannot be rescheduled the existing score will stand as the result
- If the match is forfeited: the other team is awarded the match/points
- Disputes during the match referred to the skip. If an independent decision is needed a club
member, agreed by both skips, can be consulted. Their decision is final
- Any player/ team breaking the Club or Competition rules will be referred to the Bowls Coordinator.
- Dress code: Club shirts with whites